Perfect for cold autumn mornings
Makes 2 bowls (with lots of quince for later)
Note: these are general instructions, freestyle as you like.
- Peel, core & slice 2 large quince into thick strips.
- Place in a large pan of 4 cups boiling water with 1 cup sugar and 2 sticks of cinnamon, 6 clove and 5 slices of ginger root.
- Simmer for 90 minutes using a heavy plate if needed to ensure quinces are submerged. Add more water if the pan looks like it is about to get dry.
- Place porridge oats in a pan and cook with Milk until soft.
- Arrange porridge with a spoon of yoghurt, a handful of granola (we like Chai Spiced Mulberry Granola) and a few cacao nibs.
- Layer 3 or 4 slices of the hot poached quince over the top (and a spoonful of the sweet and spicy poaching liquid) and serve