Thanks to Elizabeth Kerr for this deliciously warming breakfast recipe featuring our Chai Spiced Mulberry Granola. Perfect for the cold autumn mornings!
Makes 2 bowls (with lots of quince for later)
- Peel and slice 2 large fresh quince fruit into thick strips.
- Place in a large pan of 4 cups boiling water with 1 cup sugar and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon, whole cloves, ground ginger and a light sprinkle of allspice.
- Simmer for 90 minutes using a heavy plate to ensure quinces are submerged.
- Place porridge oats in a pan and cook with Almond Milk until soft.
- Arrange porridge with a spoon of thick Greek yoghurt, a generous sprinkle of our granola and scatter cacao nibs.
- Carefully place 3 of the hot poached quince pieces over the top (and a spoonful of the sweet and spicy poaching liquid) and serve!
Its quince season so you should be able to find some good ones and the contrast of warm and cold additions plus the crunchiness from the granola and cacao works perfectly. Nutritionally, this balanced breakfast can be made gluten free and dairy free (substitute the Greek yoghurt) and is an excellent source of slow release energy with all the oatmeal.
Thanks to www.elizabeth-kerr.co.uk