The holiday season is here! With plenty of family and friends to entertain, these beautiful granola rolled chocolate truffles are both eye catching and delicious. A wonderful departure from the classic chocolate truffle, coated in the crunchy honey toasted oats from our Oat & Nut Granola.
Thanks to Elizabeth H Kerr for creating this lovely recipe and gratitude from all who tasted these decadent treats.
- 300ml double cream
- 1 knob unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate (best quality, minimum 70% cocoa)
- 1 pinch Maldon salt flakes
- Handful of fresh Oat & Nut granola by Husk & Honey
- Pour the cream into a heavy base pan over a medium heat and allow it to warm (not boil). As it begins to heat, small bubbles will begin to appear at the surface, at which point, add the knob of butter.
- Break the chocolate into the pan of cream and turn off the heat, allowing the chocolate to gently melt into the cream whilst whisking the mixture by hand. Add the sea salt flakes and pour into a container.
- Allow the container of chocolatey truffle mix to set completely, and before your guests arrive (at least 2 hours later), pull it out of the fridge and divide into small sections.
- Hand roll each section into a ball before rolling further in a dry bowl of freshly baked Oat & Nut granola.
- The granola will be clustered from the bake, so it may help to break apart the clusters gently with a fork, or use the naturally forming granola dust at the bottom of the bag.
- Add a couple of pieces of gold leaf to each truffle if desired and arrange with a sprig of fresh holly.
Thanks to www.elizabeth-kerr.co.uk