We have a new job role here at Husk & Honey for a part-time bookkeeper, working here in-house at our HQ in Bermondsey.
Husk & Honey is a bakery specialising in, most notably, award-winning granola amongst other cereals. We are based under the historic railway arches in Bermondsey, Spa Terminus, home to a vibrant community of incredible independent food brands.
You’ll be responsible for general bookkeeping, reconciliation & credit control.
You will be using Xero, Shopify, GoCardless & Stripe. Our accountants will always be on hand and file the VAT quarterly.
We’re a small, hard-working team and each hold a wide variety of roles in the company. Here at HQ, we run every aspect of the business from baking downstairs to operations on the mezzanine - we do practically everything in-house, which makes this an invaluable opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment in a strong team. The company is 5 years old and growing fast – your role is integral to the team as we grow it all together and the bookkeeping requires a dedicated and organised approach.
We’re after, ideally, someone –
- With 4+ years working experience, preferably with a background in bookkeeping for growing independent businesses
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Fluent in Xero, Shopify, GoCardless, Stripe, with proof of experience working at a high level with these softwares and platforms
- Detail-orientated and quality-obsessed…
- …but also pragmatic and super efficient
- With a passion for small business, independent food companies, and dazzling organisational skills
- Who wants to commit to a role and not only drive their own career, but work within the team to grow the business
- With a sense of humour! Sometimes, you just have to laugh
- With a love for granola – you will undoubtedly be fed and your feedback is hugely important to new product development. Taste testing is a key part of the business, regardless of role.
In terms of the detail, the role will entail –
- Reconciliation of stockist invoices & ordering
- Liaising with places we order from, as well as people who order from us
- Debt collection (we mainly use GoCardless to keep debtors to a minimum)
- General bookkeeping
- ...Plus more!
Salary: £9.85 / hour (non-PAYE) for the probation period (expected to be 1 month), then £10.85 on PAYE following successful probation.
Perks: Staff lunches, Monmouth Coffee, discount on our products, staff days out and opportunity for development courses supported by the company.
Hours: Either Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays: 4 hours per week, between 9am – 4pm. Exact time block can be structured to suit the successful candidate (with agreement and within reason!)
We all work very hard and it can get quite busy sometimes, but everyone supports each other’s jobs wherever possible, and we always get it done!
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch with Hedie at email@example.com and cc Christine (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with us, what would make you good for the role, and details of your previous experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!