We’re looking for a Bakery Operations Assistant to join us at Husk & Honey, looking after Order Processing, Packing & Operations.
We’re looking for someone to join us at the Husk & Honey HQ in Bermondsey, a railway arch transformed into a bakery specialising in (most known for) freshly baked granola and a range of other cereals.
You’ll be responsible for daily product and order processing, dispatch, customer service and general warehousing.
We’re a small, hard-working team and each hold a wide variety of roles in the company. Here at HQ, we run every aspect of the business from baking downstairs to operations on the mezzanine - we do practically everything in-house, which makes this an invaluable opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment in a strong team. The company is 5 years old and growing fast – your role is integral to the team as we grow it all together; therefore, we are looking for someone who is keen for a long-term role rather than a short-term job.
The role consists of three main areas; a limited amount of cheery, kind and helpful customer service on emails, inbound customer and wholesale order processing and packing, and updating records and logs such as ‘Goods In’.
We’re after, ideally, someone –
- With 2+ years working experience, ideally in a food, operations or customer service environment
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Detail-orientated and quality-obsessed…
- …but also pragmatic and efficient
- With a passion for small business, independent food companies, and dazzling organisational skills
- Who wants to commit to a brand and not only drive their own career, but work with the team to grow the business
- With a sense of humour! Sometimes, you just have to laugh
In terms of the detail, the role will entail –
- Customer service on emails and, occasionally, in person
- Inbound customer and wholesale order processing and packing
- Bakery shop merchandising, from time to time
- Updating Goods In / Goods Out logs
- Packaging our product line, with help from our kitchen team
- Preparing packaging materials as needed
- Following established systems and processes, and implementing new ones
- Working with the team towards SALSA accreditation
- Taste-testing the new recipes and developments!
Salary: £9.25 / hour (non-PAYE) for the first month, moving up to £10.85 on PAYE following the probation month.
Perks: Staff lunches, Monmouth Coffee, discount on our products, staff days out and opportunity for development courses supported by the company.
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (approx.. 35 hours per week)
Lunches and leave: An unpaid lunch break of up to 40 minutes can be taken during the day at the company lunch times, and leave days can be requested in advance (no set amount of leave days, but be reasonable!).
We all work very hard and it can get quite busy sometimes, but everyone supports each other’s jobs wherever possible, and we always get it done!
We are looking for someone to start ASAP, after a successful trial shift (4 hours unpaid, then paid at £9.25 for any following hours worked). Training will be provided, and paid for. Uniform is provided.
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch with Hedie at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Christine (email@example.com) with your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with us, what would make you good for the role, and details of your previous experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!